Best Boat Drain Plug LED Light – Top Lights To Help You See After The Sun Sets
There are very few things more magical than sunsets on the boat. As you sail, bidding goodbye to the sun and watching the hues blend into the water can calm your soul and transport you into a different world.
Best Boat Drain Plug LED Light – Buying Guide
But, there’s something that can make you snap out of this – darkness. Sailing through the water when it’s dark is not just difficult but also dangerous. This is especially true in deep waters. This is why we recommend boat drain plug LED lights that can illuminate your way and help you navigate without trouble.
Since there are different products from different manufacturers, you might get confused. Here’s a buying guide to help you out:
- The lights should be easy to install without the requirement of drilling or using additional hardware.
- You will see varying numbers of LED lights. The best option is at least 14 LEDs. You can go up to 24 based on your needs.
- The brightness of the lights depends on the size of your boat. For small boats, around 700 lumens is enough. For large boats, we would recommend at least 3,500 lumens.
- Do you want a single color or multiple colors? This is completely your choice.
- The lifespan of the lights must be at least 50,000 hours. The more the better, of course.
- Another factor that we urge you to look at is the material of the lights. Water should obviously have no effect on its lifespan. IP68 is said to be the best but you can also go with other reliable materials.
Based on the factors above, we have come up with a few excellent options. Let’s skim through them to help you decide.
1. Tidal Wake IP68 Underwater LED Lights
We shall start with our favorite boat drain plug LED lights. These Tidal Wake lights are reliable, easy to install, and have some excellent features.
- You can add these lights to your boat within minutes without the need to drill any holes or take professional help.
- They are bright lights best suited for swimming, fishing, and nighttime cruising.
- Their brightness is 1,800 lumen. That is bright enough for any small or medium-sized boat.
- Their lifespan is around 50,000 hours.
- The lights are made of stainless steel and can fit any standard threaded boat drain plug.
- They are waterproof and come with an excellent storage bag for safe storage during trailering.
- The manufacturers offer a warranty of 3 years.
2. Basiker BS1 Marine LED Boat Light
This is a 2 pack of LED lights for boats. You can choose from various colors and mix & match them if you wish to. Here’s why we love these lights:
- Each light has a pontoon brightness of 1200 lumens with 27 LEDs. Brighter variations are also available.
- You can surface mount it on the cruise, boat, sailboat, yacht, or pontoon without breaking a sweat.
- They are made of upgraded IP68 and are completely waterproof. In fact, triple waterproof design for 100% protection.
- The 316 stainless steel material that they are engineered from is much better than standard options. It has the capability to withstand saltwater too, which is highly corrosive in nature.
- The lights have a cool plasma polishing and are resistant to impact and extrusion.
- Installation is through surface mounting. You just need a few screws and two wires. You can also use waterprBest Boat Drain Plug LED Light – Buying Guideoof glue for added stability.
- They are backed by a warranty of 3 years.
3. Firewatermarine Super Delux Garboard Brass Boat Plug Light
The Firewatermarine lights are available in 3 different colors as of now – blue, green, and white. You can choose the variation you prefer. Below are a few additional highlights:
- The lights are perfect for small boats as they provide a brightness of 800 to 1200 lumens.
- They are highly durable thanks to their brass construction.
- The material of the lens is plastic while the source of the light is LED.
- They are made to be compatible with standard boat plugs (1/2-inch threading) but you can also use them with other plugs using an adapter.
- The lights also have an LED driver, which is waterproof and easy to disconnect when required.
- You have a 60-day warranty on these lights.
4. HUSUKU RS1 RGB Underwater Drain Plug Light
The HUSUKU drain plug boat lights are made of IP68 and 316L stainless steel, making them very hard to beat when it comes to durability. Read on for more details:
- These are 9 LED lights with convex lenses and 12V capacity.
- They have a wide beam angle and a shatter-proof lens.
- The brightness of these lights is 1,500 lumens.
- You can fit them on any ½-inch drain plug.
- They are waterproof up to 20 meters and have been tested to be impact-resistant and anti-corrosion.
- You can control the lights in various ways such as remote control and controller S1.
- You have an excellent warranty of 3 years against manufacturing defects.
5. T-H Marine High Intensity Underwater LED Light
Let’s close off with a bang – an excellent Amazon’s Choice product with 6 LED lights to light up the water for you. A few details are as follows:
- These are high-intensity lights with 100,000 hours lifespan. That’s more than any of the others on our list.
- They have lower amperage draw, which contributes to their lifespan.
- You can drill small holes for wiring or you can surface mount them based on your preference.
- They come in a waterproof housing.
- They are safe for use above and below the waterline.
- They are resistant to corrosion, which means that you can use them in saltwater as well.
It is mandatory to have good amount of light to navigate after the sun sets. Each of the options above has been hand-picked by our experts to help you out. No matter which one you choose, you will not be disappointed. All the best!